Re: Should I have both apache and apache2 packages installed

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 02:18:46 -0700
Scott <angrykeyboarder@angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:

> Care to elaborate?  I've wondered about this for some time now myself.
> How can you have two servers running at once on one box?

I'd imagine you could bind them to different IPs fairly easily.

> And why after all this time is the old one still around (and still
> popular on web servers)?

Last time I checked then Zend, of PHP 'fame', still recommend the older version for use with PHP. I assume there are others who say the same thing, none of which helps with migrating to Apache2 :)

Cheers,

-ol

--
I will live for never, or live failing.