Re: Should I have both apache and apache2 packages installed

"Star King of the Grape Trees" wrote:
Kumar Appaiah wrote:

<snip>

You should have ONLY one of those installed. I would choose the newer
Apache 2 over the older one.

There are several very good reasons why one might have both installed.

Care to elaborate? I've wondered about this for some time now myself. How can you have two servers running at once on one box?

And why after all this time is the old one still around (and still popular on web servers)?

Curiously,
--
Scott
www.angrykeyboarder.com