Kernel Source

Hello list, I recently bought a GForce 6600GT AGP graphics card to
replace an old GForce card. I needed this for running a particular
application under Windows that required a card with 128Mb of memory.

I was running Sarge and after the install XFree86 wouldn't work, which
I sort of expected. I downloaded the latest NVidia Linux drivers, but
they wouldn't install, something about no pre-comiled kernel headers
and no source for my 2.4.x kernel.

As I didn't have much on the machine I decided to blat it and do a
netinstall of Etch (got to love that net install, much better than
downloading all those CDs...). As far as I can tell I'm now running
XOrg or something and I just get lots of flashing coloured bands on
the screen when it starts up.

So I tried to install the NVidia drivers again, but get he same problem,
no pre-compiled headers for my kernel and no source. So I decided to
install the kernel source, but I can't find a package for it? Am I
missing something here, or can I not download the 2.6.x kernel source
via apt...?

Thanks,

--
bob [at] bobarnott [dot] com                   http://www.bobarnott.com/
"Crash programs fail because they are based on theory that,