Re: mouse freezes after reboot (Sarge)

Søren Christensen wrote:
I've just installed Deb-Sarge, and having some troubles making my mouse
work correct.

I've set it up through dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86, but the mouse
is frozen after reboot, I can't move it.

Mouse-model: PS2, 2 button and scrollwheel as third (middle) button.

I've used psaux, Imps2.

It worked for a while, but it has been rather unstable.

any suggestions?

best regards
Søren

I have the same problem with my KVM switch when I boot without turning the KVM switch to the booting machine. I usually have to replug the mouse, or reboot. I've wondered if it's related to not using /dev/gpmdata, as recommended with gpm, but never got around to testing the theory.