Re: Not automounting a USB Cardreader??

L.V.Gandhi wrote:
On 1/30/06, Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:

It might also be necessary to install the package "pmount" and to add
your user to the group "plugdev". We have discussed this recently:
(That thread concerns Etch; if you are using Sid with the latest version
of KDE or Gnome you have to use the package "dbus" instead of the
package "dbus-1".)

Which program automounts usb devices in KDE so that it is shown
mounted in desktop

We might have a slight misunderstanding here: Whether or not a device is
"mounted" in the filesystem is not directly related to whether or not
an icon is visible on the desktop. If it is enough for you to have an
icon appear on the desktop whenever you plug in such a device, then the
procedure outlined in the thread above should be sufficient. (Read the
follow-up posts.) The mounting is then done automatically as soon as you
click on the icon, and you can unmount the device again in the icon's
right-click menu ("safely remove"). If you want the mounting to be
fully automated, then you probably need the packages "usbmount" and/or
"am-tools".

Regards,
          Florian

P.S. Please reply to the list and don't cc me.