sareg 2.6 doesn't recognize the CD!!??

Hi, every body

I upgrade the sarge from 2.4 to 2.6 in order to mount
automatically the usb pen ( via the usbmount) it runs
fine, but now I have a bigger problem the CD reader is
not recognized!!!
My  SATA Disk is detected by 2.6 as ide but bye 2.6 as
sda , this is not a problem, but no cdrom device
detected, while in 2.4 it is /dev/hdd.
There is no /dev/hd* at all, I know that udev creats
dynamically the devices, so it is not created!!!!!

After That I tried to reinstall the sarge completly,
by using the option : kernel 2.6

the installation started correctly, after a while
(detection of keyboard ) no Cd is detected here too,
when I used the option expert, the following messages
is printed: no ide-detect , strange since the kernel
is reading from the CD !!!

so I assume that the problem is the same in both
cases, bug in kernel ???

thanks for help