Re: Controlling eth0,eth1,... assignment order?

Greetings!

I am having some problems controlling the assignement order of eth0, eth1 and so on with udev. There was another thread about this earlier:

I created a /etc/udev/local.rules as adviced, with a symlink to this file in /etc/udev/rules.d/, but it didn't solve the problem.

The assignment order is usually correct, but sometimes wrong, and I remember seeing an error message during bootup warning about some problems with renaming the network interfaces, but I did not manage to locate the message in the log files.

Best regards,
TMS