sharing /usr and /usr/share

The FHS says that /usr is sharable, read-only data.  And that /usr/share
is sharable even across architectures.

Now suppose I have a network of Debian machines, whose packages are
all maintained and regularly upgraded with aptitude.  Presumably,
each machine would have a different set of packages.  How would aptitude
react if I were to NFS-mount /usr (or just /usr/share) so as to have
only one copy around, as intended by the FHS?

-- hendrik