Re: Can't sync with Evolution

Bill said:

> Every USB Palm device creates two ttyUSB devices; some Palms sync on the
> first device, the Zire 31 uses the second one.

which means the device creates ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1, or if those are occupied, then it'll go to ttyUSB2 and ttyUSB3. And the Zire uses the second one, ttyUSB1 or ttyUSB3 etc.

your rule matching ttyUSB* will match and link /dev/pilot to the FIRST match or ttyUSB0 which is the debug line for the Zire. the rule matching ttyUSB[13579] will match the first one in the list [13579] so /dev/pilot will link to ttyUSB1, the data line for the Zire.

that said, I don't have a Zire so I don't KNOW this, but connecting the dots...