Re: Marvell SATA Driver

Doug Miller wrote:

> On 1/24/06, Vaibhav Agrawal <vaibhav@apollolifesciences.com> wrote:
>

>> <snip>
>>
> but i can't create a initrd image using
>
>> mkinitrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.8-2-ct-1 2.6.8-2-ct-1
>>
>> if the image is not correct, it will not load the module and fail
>>

>> any other ideas??? <snip>
>

> To get this new module on your initrd image you need to have a look
> at /etc/mkinitrd/modules for a list of modules to be included in
> the initrd image.
>
> I'm guessing by "can't create a initrd image" you mean you get some
> error? If no error, it just doesn't load? Any further details
> might be helpful.
>
> Just my $.02
>
> Doug Miller

I'm getting all sorts of errors:
1. can not find getopts: to fix this i downloaded
rh-mkinitrd-3.4.42-1.tar.gz
2. first it error on -E not supported by grep: i copied mkinitrd from
my other server, running the same kernel
3. then it need awk: i copied awk from other server
4. then can not find root device: after looking in mkinitrd, it was
trying to find the root partition from /etc/fstab and it was not there
during installation
5. then can not find root filesystem: after looking in mkinitrd, it
was trying to find the root partition, i told it it's ext3
6. then it came back to can not find getopts...

I looked it up on my other server i can run getopts, but believe it I
couldn't find getopts, I did find getopt but not getopts

I have disabling SATA-RAID from bios, as if my SATA works I'm happy
with software raid

thanks for your speedy reply

cheers,
Vaibhav.