Re: Appletalk Starting and Failing during Sarge Boot

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 01:15:11PM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Almut Behrens wrote:
> >On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 05:21:57AM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> >>Thanks very much for the advice. I'll go to her machine and
> >>try to figure out how to uninstall.
> >
> >or better even, let her do it herself...  You never know, maybe she'd
> >find out she enjoys that kinda thing?  But then again, I certainly
> >wouldn't want to get you to mess with the established roles in your
> >relationship -- it's just that sometimes, we gals like to take care
> >of our own stuff... :)
>
> I'm very aware of that. The way we met was she ran a BBS back
> in the days before the internet (1995). I was one of her users. So,
> yes, she has a little technical streak. So I'm not showing
> some kind of predisposition to run her computer for her.
>
> (...)

Thanks Mike, for your considerate response.  I have to admit I'm a
little surprised (positively :), and I guess I should add a word of
apology, if you feel I extrapolated a bit too far beyond your original
statement...  As it looks, everything is at its best, with respect to
the assignment of roles in your relationship :)  So..., I'm sorry!

And thanks for sharing.  It's always nice to hear there are other
technically interested girls around -- and men who don't have a problem
with this.  Me is impressed once more by a debian user ;)

Have a nice day,
Almut