ReactOS (was windows desktop under linux)

Qemu with ReactOS is either installing to/saving to its disk image file or
simply to ram-disk like knoppix does. A second, empty disk image can be
created as the "D" drive as well. I have had this work running Knoppix
through qemu.

As for the speed, even the mouse lagged way-way behind.

Some more questions:
1. I wonder if the qemu off Sid has kqemu support enabled or if I need to
compile qemu as well.

2. The reactOS is (can be if I can get it to compile correctly) compiled for
linux. Should I not be able to run it directly rather than through qemu?

3. How might I make a disk image of my real windows partitions and boot that
under qemu?