Re: ReactOS (was windows desktop under linux)

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:11:10 +0200
David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:

> This baby runs slower than a qemu knoppix session off a CD. Even with kqemu
> installed. I do not know how one would run one's own apps in such a virual
> machine since the only programs are those it has compiled into its image.

The ReactOS tour shows screen shots of applications running so it seems
the ability to install things must be in there.

Is this not working or or did you not look for information on how to
access a CD from inside the Qemu session?

Typing qemu with no options gives you a list of options for starting a
Qemu session and from inside the session typing the key combination:

Ctrl Alt 1

: the last key being the number one gets you the Qemu console. It's
been a while, but I believe if you type the word help in the console it
gives you a list of available commands.

If the TCP/IP is working in ReactOS now it seems you should be able to
download and install things as well.

Later, Seeker