Re: how to get a clean xserver-xorg installation?

On Monday 23 January 2006 15:41, Scott wrote:
> Christof Hurschler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having trouble getting my xserver to run on an unstable machine which
> > I just upgraded.  kdm runs, pauses on login and returns without entering
> > any desktop (KDE or otherwise).
>
> I'm glad it's not just me.   I've been having this problem for a few
> months now, ever since upgrading to KDE 3.5.  I first experienced the
> problem on Ubuntu Breezy, then on Ubuntu Dapper and now on Debian Sid.
>
> I've since given up on using KDM and use GDM instead.

I will go and try that, although I'm not to optimistic that is where the
problem lies.  And I don't really want to use GDM.

I would provide more information if someone tells me what they need.  I did't
find any errors (EE) in the Xorg log files.

Chris
--
C. Hurschler