Re: virtual machine

Hi all!!
My experience is this:
- I've installed Qemu with the module Qemu accellerator (kqemu) not from deb repository, but from source (italian wiki: http://www.montellug.it/wiki/index.php/Windows_su_Linux_con_qemu , but you can find any other in internet);
- i've installed uml-utils for the VM Network Use;
- i've also install qemu-launcher, a nice gui for "newbie" that can allow you to simply create HD image (also of .vmdk kind!), launch VM, configure HW and so on:
- i've installed the VMWare Player;
- i've found a simple html page that allow you to create the  .vmx file (necessary to load a VMware VM);

And so i:
- create a .vmdk disk  from qemu-launcher (or, if you prefer, qemu-img!!!);
- create the .vmx file;
- launch the VMware Player and select the .vmx file.

That's so all.
It seems to be easy (and all free), don't you think?

I'm running more and more VM (solaris, windows server & workstation, linux Suse e Debian), and i can run the same also in Qemu!!!!!
VMware is faster, yes, i know, but Qemu is powerfull and open source!
Bye and good job!

OS: GNU/Linux, debian sarge
kernel:
2.6.14-2-686