Re: virtual machine

On 1/20/06, Dave Carrigan <dave@rudedog.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 02:24:19PM +0100, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> >
> > apt-cache show qemu
>
> qemu is not at the state where you can do practical work on the emulated
> machine. If you just need a simple way to do a one-shot windows thing,
> qemu would be fine, but for real work, vmware is about the only
> practical solution.
that is what i supposed to be...
i think the only real cons' of VMware with respect to competitors
is... of course the price but that's another matter, you know

> As to the original question, I use vmware every day in my job to run a
> range of Windows programs, including Visual Studio. With an
> appropriately beefy machine (mine is an a64 with 2G of memory), you will
> find the performance of the virtual machine to be more than adequate
> without adversely affecting the performance of the host machine.

about this... i actually hold a 2Ghz Intel Centrino Laptop, with 1G of memory...
hope this to be enough...

the only thing i need is to test some matlab code when i am at home
since i cannot connect to the central workstation at work where matlab
is running on Suse-Linux
moreover i have some little application like nokia-suite that is only
for WS and Mac OS...

thank you for suggestions

--
roberto