Re: virtual machine

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 02:24:19PM +0100, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> roberto escribe:
> > is there anyone who has already did it and what has been his/her
> > experience?
>
> apt-cache show qemu

qemu is not at the state where you can do practical work on the emulated
machine. If you just need a simple way to do a one-shot windows thing,
qemu would be fine, but for real work, vmware is about the only
practical solution.

As to the original question, I use vmware every day in my job to run a
range of Windows programs, including Visual Studio. With an
appropriately beefy machine (mine is an a64 with 2G of memory), you will
find the performance of the virtual machine to be more than adequate
without adversely affecting the performance of the host machine.

--
Dave Carrigan
Seattle, WA, USA