Re: Graphics problems with X on iBook 2.2 [SOLVED]

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> I think kernel options is probably the wrong road for you at this
> point. From your initial description of the graphics slanting to
> the right, I suggest that you have an improperly set X configuration.
> check the resolution and sync rates that your monitor/graphics card
> support and make sure your X configuration is in the right range for
> these. google can most likely provide that information.

Thank you for putting me on the right track. I messed around with the
configuration and Googled all over the place for about two hours.
Eventually I came across a posting about using "fbdev" instead of "ati"
for the driver. After trying that in xf86config, it worked.

I then slapped myself on the forehead, because I realized that during
the install, Debian had suggested "fbdev" by default and I thought I
would be clever (Ha! I _know_ there's an ATI card in there!) by
selecting "ati" instead.

Oh well. Thanks for keeping me out of the kernel options tar pit.

Patrick