Re: gtk-gnutella

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 05:40:42AM +1100, Anand Kumria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you are using gtk-gnutella in Debian stable you may be aware that the
> program is no longer functional.  Worse you'll be actively performing an
> active on other participants on the network.
>
> While I won't point out the futility of shipping stable but non-functional
> software, I'll instead try to explain how you can obtain a version that
> *is* functional.
>
> I was hoping to be able to point most Debian users to prebuilt binaries,
> but there exists no facility within Debian that allows for updates to a
> package in stable in order to keep it functional.
>
> Instead, please follow these instructions:

Or, instead squared, you could download a .deb package.

I used Firefox.  I went to
	http://gtk-gnutella.sourceforge.net/en/?page=news
and found a sidebar block with a "Download" title.
I clicked on it.  (No -- not on the "CVS Snapshots" word immediately
below it).  This brought me to the rather unmemprable URL
which is a page of links to files for downloading.
Clicking on the entry
	GTK2_gtk-gnutella_0.96.0-0_i386.deb
brought me to a page of mirrors.  Click on the word "Download" for one
of them, and the download begins.

-- hendrik