Re: Debian Mailing Lists Survey

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 06:46:48PM +0100, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> >SkSowe wrote:
> >
> >>Dear participant,
> >>
> >>We have completed a study which utilized data from 3 Debian mailing
> >>lists (Kde, Mentors, Users) located at Debian list archives
> >>http://lists.debian.org/.
> >>Our data extraction and analysis shows that you participated in these
> >>lists during the period January 2001-September 2004. We would be
> >>grateful if you can spare us your valuable time and complete a survey
> >>we are running, located at:
> >>http://swserv1.csd.auth.gr/survey/index.php?sid=17
>
> Sorry for maybe being a bit too sarcastic in my first reply. Maybe you
> might just send a clarification note about whom you would like to
> participate in your survey.
>
> I'm not too big a fan of too many surveys... but that's my personal
> opinion.
>
> Johannes

Actually, prior to OP message showing up on this list, I got the same
message addressed directly to me. Since I got my own copy, and you
apparently did not, I suppose that you didn't make the cut as a
private enterprise spammer of this list. ;-)

The questionaire seems harmless. Allowing academic types to research
this community might make open source less strange and frightening
to victims of the evil empire.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net