linux 2.6.15 and overheating

After I upgraded the linux kernel to a custom compiled 2.6.15, I keep
getting shutdown because of overheating (one of the last message is
something about the temperature hitting 93 C or something).  This never
happened to me when I run 2.6.14 or earlier.

Is it because 2.6.15 has some more functionality, and it gives me
warning, or is it because there is a bug in 2.6.15? How do I find out?

Also, since this is a laptop, it's not like I can exchange the fan, so I
just wondering if the machine is about to die of exhaustion.

--
John L. Fjellstad