How do I find a floppy drive in /dev (not in /dev/fd!)?

I have purchased a Mitsumi USB (external) floppy drive, and, having attached
it to my computer, I am trying to find where it is located in /dev.  I would
like to use the udev system, and the command udevinfo, but it seems I have to
specify the location of the floppy drive in /dev first, and I don't know how
to do that.

The computer sees the device:

paris:/dev# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: ATA      Model: ST3120813AS      Rev: 2AAA
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: ATA      Model: ST3120813AS      Rev: 2AAA
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: MITSUMI  Model: USB FDD 061M     Rev: 2.00
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02

I have looked in all the obvious places, like /dev/fd:

*****************commands**********************

paris:/usr/lib/dpkg/methods/floppy# cd /dev/fd
paris:/dev/fd# ls
0  1  2  255
paris:/dev/fd# ls -l
total 4
lrwx------  1 root root 64 Jan 16 11:44 0 -> /dev/pts/3
lrwx------  1 root root 64 Jan 16 21:36 1 -> /dev/pts/3
lrwx------  1 root root 64 Jan 16 21:36 2 -> /dev/pts/3
lrwx------  1 root root 64 Jan 16 21:36 255 -> /dev/pts/3
paris:/dev/fd# cd /dev/pts
paris:/dev/pts# ls -l
total 0
crw--w----  1 peter tty 136, 0 Jan 16 11:43 0
crw-------  1 peter tty 136, 1 Jan 16 21:32 1
crw-------  1 peter tty 136, 2 Jan 16 21:06 2
crw-------  1 peter tty 136, 3 Jan 16 21:36 3
paris:/dev/pts# superformat /dev/pts/3
Not a floppy drive
paris:/dev/pts#

Can't find it.  So I can't use commands like

superformat /dev/???
udevinfo /dev/???

And I can't write a rule for udev to map the device to a convenient place.  It
seems like I have to find it first!  How can I do that?  Do I really have to
just look around until I find it, or is there some systematic way to find it?

Pete