Re: who is r/w-ing my hdd?

CaT wrote:
On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 11:26:00PM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:

This response almost makes me angry. I said specifically
A PROCESS. I didn't say what kind of process. The file system
should not generate writes out of nothing. Somewhere there
is A PROCESS (an instance of a running program, maybe a daemon,
maybe the kernel, who cares, some process) which is generating reads
or writes.

Have you checked to see if any logging activity is happening?

[snip good suggestions]

Wouldn't do any good. I'm not the one experiencing the "problem".

These are good places to look, though. Nice thinking.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.