Re: Any way to 'remove' apt-get?

On 1/16/06, David Berg <drberg1000@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, you could look at it that way.  I was 'Grr'ing because I can't
> seem to remember to replyall instead of reply when responding to a
> list that's setup as debian-user.  I have yet to switch back to mutt
> as I want to keep messages' read/unread status updated within gmail
> and haven't bothered to figure out how to do this with another mailer.

*Please*, if you're using Gmail and haven't done so yet, submit a
feature request for them to handle mailing lists properly.  They won't
do it unless enough users ask about it, preferring instead to add such
wonderful features as a random blog entry at the top of the page.
While you're at it, ask them to fix the content encoding so that
messages sent from Gmail accounts to the Debian lists actually get the
standard footer.  There's no reason for plain-text messages to get a
MIME type of "quoted/printable", or any other MIME type, for that
matter.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh