Re: Where is postrotate script? (was: logrotate + mysql = "Help!")

On 1/14/06, Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com> wrote:

> I cannot by any stretch of the imagination be held responsible for my
> behavior this week.

[Long near-psychotic rant elided -- mucho apologies!]

> I found the postroate script for mysql; it's in /etc/logrotate.d/mysql-server:
> I'm gonna try to dissect it and run it to see where the error pops up.

I performed the dissection and ran the resulting script from a root
prompt, and guess what? No errors. To further muddy the water, the
cron job which launches the dubious "shared postrotate script" didn't
throw an error last night after I ran it "manually."

Here's what I ran, gleaned as noted from
/etc/logrotate.d/mysql-server:

-=snip=-

  test -x /usr/bin/mysqladmin || exit 0

  # If this fails, check debian.conf!
  export HOME=/etc/mysql/my.cnf
  MYADMIN="/usr/bin/mysqladmin --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf"
  if [ -z "`$MYADMIN ping 2>/dev/null`" ]; then
    # Really no mysqld or rather a missing debian-sys-maint user?
    # If this occurs and is not a error please report a bug.
    if ps cax | grep -q mysqld; then
      exit 1
    fi
  else
    $MYADMIN flush-logs
  fi
  errlogs=`ls /var/log/mysql.err* /var/log/mysql/mysql.err* 2>/dev/null`
  if [ -n "$errlogs" ]; then
    chown root:adm $errlogs
    chmod 640 $errlogs
  fi

-=snip=-

And that's all I have for now. Over and out.

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely