Re: Where is postrotate script? (was: logrotate + mysql = "Help!")

On 1/12/06, Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> wrote:

> Please don't start a new thread for this.  I already replied in the original
> thread.  Making new threads is a good way to lose the people who are
> already trying to help you.

I cannot by any stretch of the imagination be held responsible for my
behavior this week. I claim mental incapacity brought on by too many
hours spent watching TEDDY and JOE and CHUCKIE at the Alito hearings.
This experience has really brought me right up to the edge of a major
rant, and by God I just might slip off that edge and into that rant
without the slightest additional provocation! Adam, I really don't
need this right now! I want MY damn day in court. I want my twenty
minutes in the committee room only I want to question CHUCKIE and ask
him whether he really is the SPAWN OF SATAN or just looks like it
peering over his little hawkish beak while he spills bile all over
himself!! OK? Do you get my drift?? GODDAMMIT? So I changed the
freakin' subject line? So freakin' what? Did I lose you? NO! So give
it a rest!! So FREAKIN' SHOOT ME!!!

There. I feel better now, thanks.

I found the postroate script for mysql; it's in /etc/logrotate.d/mysql-server:

postrotate
                test -x /usr/bin/mysqladmin || exit 0

                # If this fails, check debian.conf!
                export HOME=/etc/mysql/my.cnf
                MYADMIN="/usr/bin/mysqladmin --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.c
nf"
                if [ -z "`$MYADMIN ping 2>/dev/null`" ]; then
                  # Really no mysqld or rather a missing debian-sys-maint user?
                  # If this occurs and is not a error please report a bug.
                  if ps cax | grep -q mysqld; then
                    exit 1
                  fi
                else
                  $MYADMIN flush-logs
                fi
                errlogs=`ls /var/log/mysql.err* /var/log/mysql/mysql.err* 2>/dev
/null`
                if [ -n "$errlogs" ]; then
                  chown root:adm $errlogs
                  chmod 640 $errlogs
                fi

I'm gonna try to dissect it and run it to see where the error pops up.

Best,

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely