Re: Is there a GPL substitute for RealPlayer?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 13:25:14 -0800
"David E. Fox" <dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 02:11:31 -0800
> Marc Shapiro <mshapiro_42@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Actually, I just tried xine.  So far, it has handled all file formats
> > that I have thrown at it, including Real Media live streaming audio and
>
> I miss xine. :(

AFAIK xine has always consisted of xine-lib and xine-ui. The lib is the one that does all the job, while ui is just a front-end. gxine is just another front-end. xine-ui is apt-get-able ... (i like it more)

Andrei

--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)