Re: PostgreSQL on Etch... - *SOLVED*

Mmkay.  Posting solution.  I feel really stupid now (But that's okay, that's what problems are for: to humble you).

I finally managed to type the right thing into google to tip me off onto what my poblem was.  Apparently 7.4 defaults to not accept TCP socket connection. :-P.  Just changed that little line at the top of my postgresql.conf file and I'm good to go.  Took me all of 30 seconds.
     Tootles one and all,
         SigmaX