Re: Gaim problems

Peter,

Last I checked (a few years ago) this problem is due to licenseing
issues.  something happened, and those packages were removed from the
debian repository.  You can look for them from a third-party repository
such as backports.org or apt-get.org.

Once you find a suitable repository, simply edit your
/etc/apt/sources.list file with the new repository info, run "apt-get
update" then "apt-get install gaim" and you should be all good.

+matt