Re: Gaim problems

On Saturday, 14 January 2006 at 19:43:12 -0800, Peter Bayliss wrote:
> I have just installed Debian 3.1 and everythign seems
> to be working
> great. however, Gaim was not installed and when i try
> to do in using the Synaptic Package Manager, it fails
> and tells me that "libao2 >=0.8.6" and "libgtkspell0
> >=2.0.2 are needed but uninstallable!
>
> how do i go about fixing this? By the way, i am a
> complete Debian newbie. Please help

Or try a different IM client -- there are several packaged in Debian.
The two that spring to mind are Kopete and Gajim (and Gabber, but I
think that may be in a development hiaitus at the mo).  If you want a
multiple account client, you may find this page useful:

http://www.jabber.org/software/clients.shtml.

--
richard