Emulate middle click with different buttons

This is isn't specifically related to Debian, but I recently have
acquired an ergonomic 3m mouse.  Unfortunately, this thing only has
three mouse buttons, none of them being wheels.  So, I went ahead and
and set up the middle mouse button as an emulated scroll wheel like I
have on my Thinkpad.  However, now I am without a middle click and
missing it quite a bit.  And, I cannot use the Emulate Middle Mouse
button (like I'm doing on my Thinkpad) because the right and left clicks
on this mouse are physically mutually exclusive!
http://www.3m.com/us/office/myworkspace/images/art/prod_med_ergo_mouse.jpg
And, I can't do shift-inserts because my keyboard doesn't have a good
Insert button :(.

So, anyways, does anyone know of another solution?  Like maybe I could
emulate a middle mouse click with the middle button and the right click
button?  Or maybe something fancy with xmodmap with a given click plus a
modifier?  I am using Debian stable, so I'm still running normal
xfree86, if it makes a difference.

Please CC me on your response as I am not on this list.  Thanks in
advance for your help!

Brandt Dusthimer