Re: Voice recognition software?

I've just downloaded and compiled up the latest CVS version of sphinx-4. I
haven't had much time to play with it but I'm quite surprised how accurate it
can be when the number of possible inputs is limited.

Unfortunately, I don't have a very good microphone so the quality of my speech
wasn't brilliant but even so it was able to pick up numbers and menu entries
with a great deal of accuracy. I found that the threshold for starting speech
detection was far to high and required me to nearly have to shout to make it
listen.

If all that was required was picking things from a list / menu / etc I think
sphinx-4 would be good enough. I don't think it would be good enough for
general purpose speech to text applications (but I don't think any speech to
text application comes even close to good enough yet).

Graham