Re: Command-line/batch tools for handling mail attachments?

On 01/12/2006 02:35:06 PM, Jim Holland wrote:
Hi

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Karl O. Pinc wrote:

> What about mimedecode?

I hadn't come across that before.  I tested it with various encoded
messages and it didn't do anything at all - output was the same as
input.
It seems to be designed only to handle subparts of content-type text,
not
actual attachments.  It could be handy if it extracted all the text
and
left the rest, but its output includes all the encoding as well.

The way I've used it is to give it entire emails, envelope headers
and all, and let it do it's thing.  Then I sort through the resultant
directory of output, which contains all the parts of the email original
body message text as well as attachments et-al.

IIRC, YMMV.

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein