Should I Abandon Mutt and Exim4?

I have spent a couple of days trying to configure Exim4 so as to be able to respond to postings from Mutt but without success.

All this time Mozilla has posted my items to the list with no difficulties and I find Mozilla will thread the downloads from the list by subject. I have not yet found, if they exist, the equivilents of Mutt's C^d to delete an entire string and L to post response to the list but I can manage without these if necessary.

I like Mutt, opened from the console I can read the messages without my glasses and responding with exim used to work, but do I really need it? Are others working just with Mozilla?

Tom George