Re: Should I Abandon Mutt and Exim4?

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 05:07:56PM -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
} I have spent a couple of days trying to configure Exim4 so as to be able
} to respond to postings from Mutt but without success.
}
} All this time Mozilla has posted my items to the list with no
} difficulties and I find Mozilla will thread the downloads from the list
} by subject.  I have not yet found, if they exist, the equivilents of
} Mutt's C^d to delete an entire string and L to post response to the list
} but I can manage without these if necessary.
}
} I like Mutt, opened from the console I can read the messages without my
} glasses and responding with exim used to work,  but do I really need
} it?  Are others working just with Mozilla?

I haven't been following the mozilla + mutt thread, if that's the one
you're talking about. I am, however, successfully using mutt and exim4
together. I didn't really do anything special, though. My muttrc has a
somewhat complex configuration for mailing lists, but my exim4 config is
nothing more than a smarthost configuration, plus the following additional
line in my /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf to use ~/Maildir instead of
/var/mail/$USER:

dc_localdelivery='maildir_home'

} Tom George
--Greg