Re: Any way to 'remove' apt-get?

On 1/11/06, Andy Hawkins <andy@gently.org.uk> wrote:
> I accidentally used apt-get to install a few packages yesterday, and when my
> nightly automatic aptitude update && aptitude -s -f dist-upgrade ran
> overnight, it wants to remove the newly installed packages (mysql 4.1) and
> replace them with the older ones.

You could always run aptitude from a regular user account instead of
root.  Interactive aptitude will prompt you for a password when it
needs one, and you can use sudo for the non-interactive calls.  Then
it's simply a matter of not configuring sudo for apt-get.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh