Re: Any way to 'remove' apt-get?

Hi,

In article <[🔎] ceb0ad00601110709i297a75as4deaee7205734456@mail.gmail.com>,
           Michael Marsh<michael.a.marsh@gmail.com> wrote:
> You could always run aptitude from a regular user account instead of
> root.  Interactive aptitude will prompt you for a password when it
> needs one, and you can use sudo for the non-interactive calls.  Then
> it's simply a matter of not configuring sudo for apt-get.

I don't use aptitude interactively, only from the command line:

andy@gently:~$ aptitude update
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13 Permission
denied)
E: Couldn't lock list directory..are you root?

Andy