Re: FAQ on debian newcomer list

> I would appreciate any feedback/corrections/suggestions etc., (however
> trivial you think they are) on the following FAQ on debian-user. The
> final corrected version will be uploaded to
> http://people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/du-guidelines.html . I am posting
> the initial version for your kind consideration.
>
> Thanks in advance
> raju

I think there should also be something addressing the underlying
problem(s). It seems to me that the main reason people want a
debian-newcomers list is because they don't want to see so many newbie
questions come along on this list. The actual problem is that the
system is not quite newbie-proof.

We, the experienced, ought to try and improve the processes and the
documentation, which would lead to less newbie frustration.

There's certainly a limit to how much you can document and hand-hold a
user, but we're not even close to that point yet.