Re: FAQ on debian newcomer list

Kent West wrote:

kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:

I would appreciate any feedback/corrections/suggestions etc., (however trivial you think they are) on the following FAQ on debian-user.

Looks very good.

Thanks. I just did a cut and paste job of some of the previous posts, from archives and reordered the sentences. But I think it is worth it.

  5. As questions tend to be referred to debian-user and due to the
     dilemma of "appropriate mailing list to post", people tend to ask
     the same question on multiple mailing lists. ...

This sentence is a bit obtuse and needs to be rewritten in my estimation. Perhaps something like:

*/As questions tend to be referred to debian-user, and due to the dilemma of not knowing to which list one should post, people tend to ask the same question on multiple mailing lists./* This will defeat the whole purpose of creating a separate list for newcomers and increases the net traffic many times. Moreover all the replies might not be CCed to all the mailing lists. As a result, people experiencing the same problem at a later time and reading the archives will have to go through similar looking posts on different mailing lists to find the correct answer.

I went with this one. Thanks for the patch.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/