Re: Installation CDs for potato (Debian 2.2)

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 01:23:51AM -0300, Felipe Sateler wrote:
> J.Moore wrote:
> > I need to do an install of Debian 2.2 (potato) to do some maintenance on
> > an old application. The author claims it will only run on the 2.2
> > kernel, and I want to eliminate as many variables as possible.
> You need a 2.2 kernel, not a distribution with that version number. Either
> find a 2.2 kernel package in RedHat/Fedora, or download and build one from
> www.kernel.org

I have in my library a set of install CDs for Debian 2.2 r5 "Potato". They
contain kernel-image-2.0.38 and kernel-image-2.2.19 . Someone with a longer
memory than mine might remember which was the default install kernel. I
suspect 2.0.38 was default. So what does OP really need? Probably, as he
says: he needs Debian 2.2 and he needs to check with his software supplier
about which kernel version 2.0.38 or 2.2.19 he should install to run his
tests.

If all else fails, I can (snail) mail the CDs from Colorado, USA.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net