Re: Can't detect CD-ROM in IBM T43

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, ?á?ek Kry?tof wrote:
> I still keep having similar problem even with the latest debian installer
> (kernel 2.6.12). Having SATA disk and IDE CDROM I am unable to install
> Debian. Installer reports that CDROM was not found. I am able to make it
> installed using the trick with manual loading the ide-generic ... But
> after reboot the system is not able to mount the CDROM anymore.

I highly suggest you browse http://thinkwiki.org and join the thinkpad
mailing lists, you will be able to make a _lot_ more of your T43 with the
ammount of knowledge on these resources.

Installing Debian Sarge in a T43:
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_Debian/Sarge_on_a_ThinkPad_T43p

  Henrique Holschuh