Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:51 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: How do I automate this?

Tyson Varosyan wrote:

>I want my box to run these 2 commands as it boots - before anyone even logs
>in.
>
>I want the computer to run
>
>	modprobe usbserial vendor=0xc88 product=0x17da maxSize=2048

You can load modules with all the necessary options using modconf
program (apt-get installable).

>pause for about 3 seconds and then run
>
>	wvdial verizon

Not sure about the 3 seconds delay. Others might help you with this one.
But I guess once you load the usbserial module with modconf, you can
write a rcS.d script to run everytime the computer boots.

hth
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi