Re: How do I manually set the MTU on a PPP Connection?

Tyson Varosyan writes:
> ...when I dial-up using pppd or wvdial...

It isn't "pppd or wvdial".  Wvdial is a pppd configurator.

> Apparently every time a connection is made, the MTU is reset.

Edit /etc/ppp/options.  You should find a line reading '#mtu <n>'.
If the line reads 'mtu 0' you've found your problem (though I don't know
how it would have gotten changed).  In any case, make it 'mtu 1492'.

I suspect that your firewall script may be setting the mtu to 0, though.
--
John Hasler