authentication not working with ldap server

Hello,

I have recently installed a debian sarge with ldap and samba so it can
act as a domain controller.

Everything seems to happen correctly (samba can access the ldap server
in admin mode to populate it).

The problem is that it can not authenticate neither from a windows
station (to join the domain) or a linux station.

This is quite strange because I had made some tests on a gentoo with the
same config and everything worked fine.

The problem seems to be due to the password management as samba and pam
access withot any problems to the ldap DB.

So I write you to have some cool links or example config files .

Thanks ,

Julien