Re: dialup internet connection + mc = long startup

Roman Makurin wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> At home I`ve got slow dialup internet connection and when I connect to
> internet mc startup time becomes very long - about 20 seconds :) When I
> disconect everything goes fine - strtup less then a second. I think it`s
> resolver issues but I don`t know what I need to do. Does anyone know what
> I need to do to solve my problem ?

It takes a about 20 to 30 seconds for your modem to dial and connect to the
internet.  Turn on the speaker and you can hear what's going on.  Consult
your modem's documentation on how to do this.

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@ursine.ca