Re: "superblock last write time is in the future" on boot

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006, Kent West wrote:
[ root fsck problem caused by time skew ]
> It seems like I had this on a newly-installed Sid box the other day.
> After I installed "ntpdate" the problem went away (but I was fighting
> several problems at once, so no guarantees that this had any relevance).

I like that check even less day after day...

The fix to what you describe (assuming it is not caused by a local time RTC
plus util-linux bug plus /etc/localtime being a dangling symlink) is to have
d-i set the system clock properly BEFORE it starts mucking with filesystems.

  Henrique Holschuh