Re: TCP not working over ppp connection (WAS: 5th day using Linux...)

Tyson Varosyan wrote:
Hi Marty,

I an very new to Linux. What do I type in to give you more information. I
used the 180MB install disk image from debian.org and I type in "linux26" at
the install prompt...

Here are some tools that may yield useful output:

kernel version:     uname -a
pci devices:        lspci
installed modules:  lsmod
network status:     ifconfig
netfilter config:   iptables -L

The output of tcpdump and any relevant contents of the system log files, e.g.
/var/log/messages

If you're not sure about the relevance of any particular output date, include
it anyway.  More is better.

I usually include such output in the text of my messages.  Other posters include
output files as attachments or put them on their web site. (The last method is
probably not the best in terms of archival value.)