Re: Sound Device Not Shared

ankur.kumar@axa.com.au wrote:

> I'm using ALSA and the only issue is if an application is using Sound
> device (/dev/dsp) and another
> application is trying to use it, it says "/dev/dsp" is already in use.
>
> What can I do it share the sound device??

Make your other sound program use ALSA or get a real sound card.  Sound
cards that only have one output channel can only play sound from one
program at a time.

Your signature is twice the length of your message, and American courts have
determined legal disclaimers in email are not worth the electrons used in
their construction.  Please knock the sig down to 4 lines or less...

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@ursine.ca