Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: [Way OT] "#!/bin/bash" changes working directory

I think BASH_ENV is unset by default. It allows you to have a common
initialisation file for every non-interactive bash invokation. Setting it
to the same rc file as for interactive shells should be a call for
trouble IMHO.

Regards,
Roland

PS: from man bash
-->
       When  bash  is started non-interactively, to run a shell script,
for example, it looks for the variable BASH_ENV in the environ&#8208;
       ment, expands its value if it appears there, and uses the expanded
value as the name of  a  file  to  read  and  execute.
-->
Bash  behaves as if the following command were executed:
              if [ -n "$BASH_ENV" ]; then . "$BASH_ENV"; fi