Re: Sound Device Not Shared

ankur.kumar@axa.com.au wrote:

> if I stop the application which is using the sound device and then other
> application can use the sound device...
> its more like exclusive access to the sound device by ALSA....

This isn't correct.  ALSA allows concurrent access by multiple programs.
 However, OSS emulation inside ALSA will not because OSS does NOT allow
concurrent access.  I suspect your programs are using OSS emulation
(i.e. /dev/dsp).  Like I said before, configure your program to use ALSA
instead of OSS (if possible).